Saturday, March 30, 2019

Somewhere High Above Russia

Our route to Hong Kong took us up over Greenland, the North Pole, and the then down across the globe above Russia and China. 

Around 2 am EDT, I woke up, got up, and tracked down a flight attendant.  He promised to get me the information, even though he clearly had no idea what I was asking about.

A little while later, he finds me, and shows me a piece of paper -- Virginia had beaten Oregon 53-49!  They were on to the Elite Eight.  From the score, it clearly wasn't the prettiest of games (I correctly surmised that Kyle Guy's cold shooting had continued), but, hey, Virginia won.

For more mundane details, on the 16 hour flight, along with five hours of sleep, I also watched "A Star is Born" and "The Green Book" (recommend both, btw) and read "Bad Blood," which is the WSJ reporter's book on the Elizabeth Holmes/Theranos scandal.

No comments: