Tuesday, March 27, 2007

At Dulles Airport -- March 27, 2007


Now we're just sitting in the gate area for the next hour before boarding -- I'm pretty casual about domestic flights, but take the admonition to get to the airport early for international departures.

The girls are playing Gameboy (Maddy and Torie), while Julia is reading a book. On the walkway to security, Torie turned to me and noted, "All roads lead to Rome." Couldn't be more right at this point.

We have the art of checking in down to a science. I drop off the rest of the family (except Torie) and the luggage in front, drive to the Economy lot, and they get in line. By the time Torie and I found parking (lot pretty full), took the shuttle, and reached the United International check-in, Carol and the others were right at the front of the check-in line. Typical Bolger family efficiency.

We had a momentary burst of excitement when the United counter worker woman said to us, "You can upgrade to business class for. . .(then she paused dramatically to get our hopes up) $2,750." Practicing for when Julia gets her license, I said "no" in record time. Our fleeting dreams of comfortable seats in business were dashed, but we will become stronger for the experience (that's written with a wink).

(Later. . .same location:) Well, Maddy has switched to reading (a while ago), everyone has eaten, and I've had no luck downloading a photo to the blog. I think the photos are too big, which means this might be a relatively dull looking blog. They should be ready to call seating soon (I bet you are very excited reading this now!).

1 comment:

Rod said...

Well, I wanted to see what your first blogs looked like...and I must say, you are like a fine wine.