Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Peachy Keen

Sitting in the Charlotte airport, waiting to board to San Jose, Costa Rica. Can't stop humming, "Do you know the way to San Jose?" in my head. I KNOW that one is about California, but the key thing is -- you probably can't stop humming that song right now either.

No picture of the girls waiting at Dulles. Catching a flight to Charlotte isn't quite as dramatic as flying to Germany on the way to Rome.

I'm quite please with my Teva-esque hiking sandals. Got them at Hudson Trail Outfitters -- made by Keen. May have to post a photo. Now that would be total blogaloser geekdom. (I gotta do it). At some point on the beach or a mountain trail, I will take a picture of my feet.

Forgot sunglasses, so I got to overpay here at Charlotte Airport. On the way to the gate, nearly got run over by one of those annoyingly loud beeping carts. They are part of travel -- good for handicapped folks. However, this cart stopped, and a woman of a certain age got off, carrying her non-dog dog. No limp, no noticeable problem. Nice abuse of airport facilties.

(For the uninitiated, a non-dog dog is one of the those amazingly little, yappy dogs that doesn't realize it's actually an animal and not a person -- and neither does its owner. While I take solace in knowing the woman undoubtedly overpaid for the long-haired rat.)

Well, hopefully I will have good connectivity in Costa Rica -- we're on the plane and getting ready to go.

No comments: