Friday, May 10, 2024

"See, We All Like To Sit On Same Side Of The Table"

(I figured that, like me, you would still be chuckling at the joke in the last post.)  (Oh, you don't have to admit it publicly, but a nice email would be appreciated by your entertainer!)

The Church of Santa Maria delle Grazie,
with the focus of this photo being the
Bramante-designed dome.  Brilliant.

The group looks at the masterpiece.
We weren't silent like the monks during
mealtime, but, at the most, we murmered.

I have no doubt the one on the left
(closest to Jesus, even if you can't
tell from this photo) is Thomas.
Yup, no doubt about it.

Jesus comes out the best in the photos.

Judas, Peter, and John.  Two are
famous, and one is infamous.

While one is too many pictures
of Muhammed, you can't have
too many pictures of Jesus,
especially when Da Vinci is
the artist.  It's kind of a code
I live by.  I guess you could
call it the Da Vinci Code!
    
(Editor: No doubt you are the 90,909th blogger to use that joke!  Writer: Great minds think alike, and so do ours!)

Bramante's Dome in the church.

The front of the church, and
the local school's play yard.

The dining hall, which contains
the genesis for my joke! (Of
course I mean the painting -- what
did you think I meant?)

I just wish more photos came out well, but you'll just have to go see it for yourself.  Remember to bring tickets far in advance!


No comments: