Saturday, December 14, 2019

Do, A Deer, A Female Deer, Re, A Drop Of Golden Sun

After we got down from Winkler Terrace, we walked along the river to the Do-Ri-Me bridge, as the last item on our personal Sound of Music tour.  First we came to a footbridge festooned with lights and locks of love.  A very pretty sight.

Then we came to the Do-Ri-Me bridge.  It's also known as the Mozart bridge, but I will point out that the Sound of Music's box office crushed it compared to Amadeus.  Yes, I know Amadeus was a great film, even though I've never seen it.  Stop the howls of outrage, I was 22 years old when it came out in 1984, and I sure wasn't going to go see it then.  I haven't gotten around to it since then, either.

After enjoying our time on the bridge, we hoofed it back to the Cathedral Square Christmas market, and grabbed lunch at the market food stand where we had dined two nights before.  Carol had a hot dog whilst Torie and I each had Bosna.  I joked that have "Bosnia reminds me of when Hillary was under sniper fire in that country."  Torie was not amused by my Bosna/Bosnia joke.  That's the price of telling dad jokes.

After my mic drop, it was time to drive to Munich.

Locks of love on the bridge.

The modern art museum.  It
was cool not going in there!

Do-Ri-Me.  Bridge.

That yellow abbey again.  In case you
have forgotten, it is in an opening
scene from the Sound of Music.

I hope this guy has a future in
whatever field he chooses.


The Cathedral clock.

No comments: