Saturday, December 4, 2021

Like Christmas Threw Up In The House

After the snack, we went around the corner to the largest of the three (yes, 3!) of the Kathe Wohlfahrt Christmas shops.  I damn darn well guarantee you that you've never been in such an amazing Christmas store (Editor's Note: Thanks for the strikethrough, after all, as this is a family publication.  Writer: Don't ask me about the time in college I was called into the Dean's office for a word I used in a column I wrote in the university newspaper.  Well, actually, DO ask me, but you buy the first round.)

There really aren't words to describe it all.  And, the photos don't do it justice.  Towards this end, I was spinning around, hoping to get out without fainting and coming to in the arms of the sugar plum fairy.  There are Kathe Wohlfahrt stores in four other countries, including one in the U.S., but I can't believe any match the big store in Rothenburg.  

There is even a Christmas museum (yes, it costs money) within the biggest of the three stores in town, but none of us had the least bit of confidence that we could handle it, so we skipped it.  Most people in the store seemed to be bypassing it, so we all had all the Christmas store sugar high we could handle.


I gotta admit, I'm pretty tempted
to buy a ten foot nutcracker,
and leave it out ALL year long.

No comments: