Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Can I Get An Amen?

So after another midnight return home after an incredible dinner, Carol was not in the mood to pack Sunday morning, which was our last full day in Barcelona.  Really, it was our last day, because we planned to cab to the airport at 9 am (we actually left 30 minutes earlier).

I had hoped for sunny mornings because I wanted to capture two sets of photos -- a sunrise over the Med, and bright sunshine on the Nativity facade.  I had some great sunshine photos of the Passion facade, but not of the Nativity facade.  Yes, I've posted lots of pictures of that side, but none with the sun from the east.

Once I decided I needed those photos, we hit an October gloom in the mornings.  Even on days that turned nice, it wasn't until early afternoon that we saw Mr. Sun in all his sunbeam and rays of happiness.  

Well, if Carol wasn't going to pack, then it was time to try for the best.  We Metro'd up to Verdaguer, walked the six blocks to Sagrada Familia, and started shooting away (with the camera).  I focused on the Nativity side, and specifically on areas I had not photo'd before.  We walked behind the pond for some distance photos.

All in all, it's always a joy to be at Sagrada Familia, even if you are not going in.
A UNESCO World Heritage site.


The tree of life!


The onlookers to the birth of Jesus.  The star of
Bethlehem is at the top middle, with the trail of
the star below it.




Okay, this is part of the Glory facade,
but who can resist photographing
such brilliance.


Angels we have heard on high.


I never noticed this before.


The next few creatures you see are
on the north side of the church.








The eyes almost look like
Kermit's eyes, amiright?


Big lizard.


Happy snake.


Good karma-karma-karma
chameleon!


Yes I can!

No comments: