Wednesday, August 28, 2024

The Best Markets Are Fish Markets, Even When They Aren't Amazing

The day after the rain was nothing but sunshine, and the temperatures never got bad.  So we set out to explore Split without fear of being poured on.

Our first stop was at the fish market.  The best market photos are at a fish market, or the fish market section of a market (European or Asian markets).  Need proof?  Here you go:

This isn't the fish market.  Just a
beautiful arched building on Trg
 Republike Square, which gives me
one more excuse to point out
again that "Trg" contains exactly
zero vowels.

Shrimp and squid.

I don't know fish very well, but I know
this is one of the uglier ones.

The technical term for
this many fish is "a lot."



I know some people have moral
objections to eating octopus, and
I understand their concerns.
I don't share those concerns.

More of the ugly fish from above.


Speaking of ugly fish.

Cool swordfish head.

The swordfish's eye.  Sorry
if you are grossed out by this
picture.  We'll agree to disagree.
I think it is cool.

No comments: