Friday, December 23, 2016

Final Thoughts: For The Times They Are A Changin'

I honestly did not think I would be such a fan of Cuba.  If you are a regular reader of this blog, you know I get excited about travel.  The next foreign place I go that I don't like will be the first place I do that I don't like.

But I do think Cuba is special. . .and I think it is on the brink of coming out of communism and providing more opportunity for her people, which means more freedom and more choice.  We felt completely welcomed by the people.

The architecture, the natural beauty, the beaches of Varadero, the old American cars of Havana, there IS  romance to it all -- Hemingway, the Spanish forts, the arches, the plazas, the paradars.

Typically we do trip favorites, but with only two of the five Bolgers on this trip, I may skip that, although don't be surprised if I add it on tomorrow.   We've been back a week (two days in the Florida Keys, work, Christmas events, and sports have slowed down the finishing of the blog), and I definitely can not wait to go back.

Havana is my new favorite city in the Western Hemisphere, and that's saying a lot.  We covered a lot of ground, and yet there is still much more to see.  The excitement of what awaited around each corner is great feeling to have in life, and it's one we had quite often in Havana.

If you're just a traveler on this earth, go to Cuba.

No comments: