Monday, February 12, 2024

I Can't Believe This Hasn't Come To The U.S.

Unless this has come to the States and I'm just not aware.  

This happened in Saigon, and I forgot to post it in the correct timeline order.  However, I couldn't NOT post it, so here it is.

(Editor: Nice use of the double negative.  Writer: If NBA players can double dribble, I can double negative.  It's about as much athletic skill as I have these days.)

Anyhow, Carol and I stopped into the hotel restaurant and bar in Saigon with Pat and Terri to cool off and get a drink before dinner.  I saw this on the menu and knew the guys had to order it (Carol's not a beer drinker, and Terri is only an occasional beer drink).

Yes, it is a three liter tap they bring to your table.  Down the middle of the beer is a plastic tube with frozen water in it (aka "ice" to a lot of people).  So the ice keeps the beer cold and the tube keeps the ice from melting fast and from diluting the beer.  

You would think this would be a hit at American bars.  If you've seen one (or more) here in the States, drop me an email with where you've seen it.  Strikes me as a moneymaker to sell to both bars and for personal use (don't drink one of these alone!).

From left to right: Pat, 3L
of cold beer, and Glen.

From left to right: Pat, 3L
of cold beer, and Glen.

(Editor: It's the same caption for both photos, just a different angle.  Writer: Yeah, ain't it cool!)

And, since we're talking about beer, here's the perfect post to drop the refrain from Tom T. Hall's classic "I Like Beer:"

I like beer, it makes me a jolly good fellowI like beer, it helps me unwind and sometimes it makes me feel mellow (Makes him feel mellow)Whiskey's too rough, Champagne costs too much, vodka puts my mouth in gearThis little refrain should help me explain as a matter of fact I like beer.

I mean, there's more to the song, but you get the point.  Tom T. Hall likes beer.  

No comments: