Friday, September 15, 2017

A Walk in the (Steep) Woods

Looking northeast from the peak.

The road goes on forever and highway never ends.

This land is your land, this land is my land.

I avoided the temptation to break into
singing the theme from "Bonanza."

Oh, give me land, lots of land under starry skies above
Don't fence me in
Let me ride through the wide open country that I love
Don't fence me in
Let me be by myself in the evenin' breeze
And listen to the murmur of the cottonwood trees
Send me off forever but I ask you please
Don't fence me in

Readers to blogger: You have a strange
fascination with dead trees.  Not
that there's anything wrong with that!


Upon my triumphant return to camp, I was
greeted by this cheering party of relieved
fellow travelers.  See how joyous they were
that I wasn't eaten by a mountain lion?
(Every so often, my captions veer off track
and deeply into the weird.)

No comments: