Sunday, September 17, 2017

Down by the River Side

After lunch we crammed onto the Park shuttle bus back a few stops.  We trekked a very short distance to a path down to the Virgin River.

Went into the cool, rushing water of the river, which helped my knee and foot significantly.  I played around a bit in the water, before finding a place to safely hang out with my butt propped against one rock under water, and my feet braced against two others.

Others played in the water or sunned themselves on the big rocks.  Chance and Amanda had a short-lived water fight that backfired on Chance when, whilst trying to pulling Amanda in, he fell back into the water and lost his sunglasses to the rushing river.

It was an idyllic scene, and a calm place to nurse my frustration at struggling up the last half mile of Angels Landing.  I kept thinking about shooting a gap in the fast moving stream, but didn’t have the energy to actually do it.  Probably just as well.  (Looking at a photo I took, I realized I could not have shot the gap there anyhow.)

After a while, it was time to head back to the shuttle to our van to the camp.

No comments: