Wednesday, September 4, 2024

The Public Gardens Of Bordeaux

After stopping by the church of Saint-Louis-des-Chartons, Don and Jennifer decided to head back to the ship.  Meanwhile, Carol and I pressed on, with our next stop  about 500 meters away, the public gardens.

Created in 1746, the gardens cover 27 acres.  On the outskirts, the park is surrounded by beautiful buildings from the same time period.

There were people strolling around the gardens, which were chock full of beautiful flowers and interesting water features.  The water ponds featured ducks and koi fish.

I felt like we were taking in a chateau's country garden.  The people of Bordeaux are lucky to have such a peaceful place to retreat to.  It's in the city but not of the city.

There's not too much else to say, so I'll get right to the photos:

Like a bridge over untroubled
waters, I will lay me down.

I don't know the names of these flowers, but

I do know they are pretty!



I'm pretty sure this tree has
been shaped by human hands.

This koi was playing it coy.

And back to the flowers.


No comments: