Thursday, September 12, 2024

Another Day, Another Chateau & Wine-Tasting

After being the last from our group to return to the bus, and doing so under the semi-baleful eye of the guide (and deservedly so, although no one was injured by me being a few minutes late), we headed to Chateau Siaurac for a wine tasting.

(Editor: Skillful writing there, admitting blame but not accepting blame.  You could run for political office.

Writer: I could, but I'm not fully insane, just partially.)

It was raining steady, albeit not hard, as we got off the bus, walked past the vineyards, and admired the views.

Chateau Siaurac is just into Pomerol from line that separates that appellation from Saint-Emilion.  It's about 114 acres in vineyard size, and located in the "town" of Neac (very small place). 

Unfortunately, there is not much more to report, as the website is currently being updated and I can't find any history on it.  It appears wine making started there either in the 1750s or in 1812, but I don't know enough (any) French to figure it out.

Our tour guide is quite connected to the Chateau, as it features her father's artwork as well as shows off his involvement in Olympic judo in the 1972 Olympic Games in Munich.

We tasted a couple of their wines -- they are Saint-Emilions, so I liked them both.

Grape vines in the rain.

The back corner of Chateau Siaurac.

Hay!  That's quite a view from the
chateau!  Please don't bail on me
because of my "Hay!" joke!  I'd
promise the jokes get better, but
I'm not sure I can keep that promise!

No comments: