Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Not Paris's Arc de Triomphe, But Still A Pretty Good One

Barcelona's Arc de Triomf is just outside of the park.  It may even be part of the park, I'm not sure.  It certainly feels like an extension of the park.

Along the walk to the Arc, there were many bubble nets, with kids running around popping the bubbles.  I threw a Euro coin into one basket, appreciative of the entertainment and joy they are providing for kids and adults alike.

Being a Sunday, the place was thronged.  Being November, it was not summertime thronged.

The Picasso Museum was interesting, but the beauty of the park and the arc, the happiness of the people, the joy of being around such interesting places, and the energy of being outside made the park and the arc a wonderful first full day visit. 

(Editor's Note: Nice rhyme of park and arc.  Writer: Got lucky, I suppose).

The feeling we had reminds me of one of my favorite song lyrics -- "The days I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, those are good days."

(Editor's Note: Classic Ray Wylie Hubbard).

Enough of my waxing rhapsodically, let's get to some photos:

Better selfie. . .I could actually see!

Bubbles!  Photo by Carol/iPhone.


Guy making a huge bubble with his net.



One last pic of the mass of bubbles!

No comments: