Saturday, February 4, 2017

Dinner and a Show

We headed off to La Planteur, the top rated restaurant in Myanmar.  It’s a beautiful setting on a lake.  With the temperatures cooling off as the sun set, it was quite comfortable for dining al fresco (Al Fresco is my second-favorite Al, just behind Al Peterson).

We first sat on outdoor couches with champagne while an accopella group of six singers in the mid-20s came and sang to us (another nice touch arranged by Inspirato and Ye Ye).  The group consisted of three men and three women, and they were quite good.  They started with “Stand By Me,” which everyone knows was written by Ben E. King.  Named "the Hangovers" they've sung at Yale and other American locales.

I was quite tired and rested my eyes at times.  I did not mean to be rude, and it was not a reflection on their singing – I was just tired.  I don’t think I actually fell asleep.

I did rally when we moved to our table for dinner.  The food was fabulous – almost all of us had the lamb, and I ordered a quality 2010 Bordeaux at a fair price point.  (Note to readers – if there is a fair priced 2010 Bordeaux on the wine list, you can’t go wrong.  I will leave the definition of “fair priced” to your own wallets, but this was not overly expensive).

 
the Hangovers

No comments: