Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Giant Buddha, Huge Comeback

Our next stop after the balloon ride was to the Ananda pagoda, famous for its four giant Buddhas.  A couple of the Buddhas have different expressions based on how close or far you are.  Some pictures are below, but alas, my pictures of the giant Buddhas did not come out very well.  Gives me something to work on for my photos when I get back!

The pagoda is remarkable, and has many different hallways with smaller Buddhas, and guardians.  The outside of the pagoda is quite something as well, with many lion statues and a beautiful gold top (I'm sure there is a technical name for the top, but I'm also sure I have no idea what it is called!)

As we were going through the pagoda, the Falcons were in the throes of their major choke job, and the Patriots were becoming a team of destiny -- destined to win a 5th Super Bowl with Tom Brady at the helm, with only Eli and the Giants standing between him and seven wins!  Pierre grew more confident, and us Pats haters got more quiet.  It seemed like the Pats were scoring every time we updated the score on our phones.

The pagoda was more amazing than the comeback, which was also pretty amazing.

No comments: