Wednesday, May 17, 2023

The Most Beautiful Village In Spain: Albarracin

In 2018, Spaniards voted Albarracin as "the loveliest village in Spain."  It's also been called the most picturesque village in Spain.  When I saw a photo of it on one of my favorite Twitter accounts, "Lovely Spain" I decided we had to include that village if possible.

After a typical parking hassle (more on that moron later, as I was the moron), as I was walking back to Plaza Mayor, I stumbled onto a viewpoint that changed my whole point of view at that point, and the view confirmed that we came to the right place.

As it turns out, we did not go into a single church, cathedral, castle, or building, and yet Carol and I both fell head over heels for Albarracin.  The views, the dramatic city walls, the narrow twisty streets, the great restaurant, the nice people.  All combined to make us absolutely bonkers over Albarracin.



Some of the views from the overlook.

Thinking about the village even now, I get goosebumps. 

No comments: